Women's Leadership Program Travels

Monday, March 13, 2006

Coming here to present our program, share our university experience.- tell them how we do our thing.

Who would have thought the most surprising thing I encountered were the preconceptions I found within myself. And that the most wonderful thing I found was the change in me.

The first day after visiting the Zayed University I was fascinated to hear from an articulate and engaging student, only eyes exposed, that she was a Communications major.

A bit ruffled, I nodded. Communications to me is a combination of skill sets- self presentation, us and incoproatoin of cutting edge technology and marketing among other things. Coming from behind a hajib for me was unusual.

After only three days here, it hardly seems unusual, or novel at all. Except perhaps to what we think, in our 'cutting edge' western world.

The students we have met, Arab, European, African, America, have been the most exceptional and educationally rich part of what has been and continues to be an eye opening and expanding trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home